Tuesday, March 8, 2011






Got a new bike. Well an old bike. 1989 Harley Davidson FXST Softail Custom. 1340 EVO 5 Speed with 12K Miles on here. Here is how she looked when I brought her home. Only problem I have had with her is the (I presume) float is sticking in the carb and if she sits, not running, with the fuel turned on, she floods and leaves a spot. Easy fix. Already put a heritage rear fender on her and removed the sissy bar and turn signals. Looking for 16" apes, cables, floor boards, lowering rear shocks, tombstone taillight, standard risers (currently have pull backs) and possibly a seat. Not a bad buy at $5500.

4 comments:

  1. Hell yeah a good lookin bike there joe I will look through my stash of parts and see if I have a set of risers and let you know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Is anyones softail lowered with longer bolts instead of progressive shocks? If so, how does it ride?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great joe. Did you do your ritual of burn out drop in you driveway yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not yet. I need crash bars first.

    ReplyDelete