Saturday, February 11, 2012

Got a springer front end, now very confused.

I got a 2" under DNA chrome springer front end today for $200 off Craigslist. Got home, mocked it up, and am like now what? That 21" speedmaster looks real gay on that wide front end.



Should I go all skinny 1" frame and 21" wheels front and rear and run the a different front end and worry about breaking it on my aggressive?



Should I springer front end and run 16" wheels with 5" tires front and rear on a 1" diameter frame?



Should I run the springer front and 16" wheels with 5" tires front and rear on a thicker frame, more exile style?



Should I buy a buell and build a crazy one off (not redneck mutant)super aggressive bobber with the buell front end and motor?



Should I go ahead with 18" apes. I much prefer apes because they look bad ass and actually make you feel like you are riding a motorcycle, or go with drag bars or clamps on to match my riding style? I plan ride like an asshole on a cool bike that I think its ok to double as a dirtbike on. I just know that that skinny tire looks stupid on this springer front end. I am not using these apes either, they too wide. Here are pictures of my bike as it sits and a skinny fucker and an exile and buell...






















1 comment:

  1. hey joe try mocking it up with a speedmaster mounted on a wheel first and see if you still dont like it. If you don't I would suggest running a little bit fatter 21" say like an avon roadrunner or even metzler makes a pretty fat 21" tire that you make like. Just a couple of suggestions

    ReplyDelete